Wednesday, May 7, 2014

What a Difference an Edit Makes -- Senior Portraits - Carli

So, editing someone else's photos is not really my thing. 
I love, as a photographer, to see a vision through the lens, what it is, and what it can become. 
All with  just a little bit of tweaking. 
A lesson I learned long ago was to "crop through the view finder". 
While this is not always possible, the less post production work you can do, the better. 
However, I love, love, love, seeing a mediocre photograph become something special, with a just a little bit of creative cropping and adjustments. 
While I don't want to make a business out of editing someone else's work, I thought this would be a great chance to show what is possible.
I suppose I could illustrate this point with my own photos, but then you would see all my mediocre photos, and that just won't do.
Apparently though, I don't have a problem airing someone else's dirty laundry... (j/k)

Edit No. 1



Edit No. 2

                                 (option 1)                                                          (option 2)


Edit No. 3



Edit No. 4 (my favorite transformation)



 Edit No. 5

(option 1)

(option 2)


See how it works? Eliminate background noise, crop out distractions, brighten, yada, yada... and suddenly, the emphasis is on Carli and her beautiful smile.

***WARNING***
Keep in mind, too much cropping can severely effect the clarity of a photo when enlarging and printing into a portrait.

***DISCLAIMER***

 No offense to or slight on the original photographer. He did a great job. It was my pleasure to enhance his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment